51. What a nice day! How about the three of us _____ a walk in the park nearby?
A. to take B. take C. taking D. to be taking
52. If there were no subjunctive mood, English _____ much easier to learn.
A. could have been B. would’be
C. will be D. would have been
53. She _____ fifty or so when I first met her at a conference.
A. had been B. must be C. has been D. must have been
54. _____ the boss says, it is unreasonable to ask me to work overtime without pay.
A. Whatever B. Whenever C. Whichever D. However
55. A new laptop costs about _____ of a second-hand one.
A. the price of three times B. three times the price
C. as much as the three times price D. three times more than the price
56. I was very interested in _____ she told me.
A. all that B. all which C. all what D. that
57. We consider ______ he should have left without telling anyone beforehand.
A. strange why B. it strange what C. it strange that D. that strange
58. It is going to be fine tomorrow. _______.
A. So is it. B. So it is. C. So it does. D. So does it.
59. Little _____ about her own safety, though she herself was in great danger.
A. she cared B. she may care C. may she care D. did she care
60. The couple had no sooner got to the station _____ the coach left.
A. when B. as C. until D. than
61. Aren’t you tired? I ____ you had done enough for today.
A. should have thought B. must have thought
C. might have thought D. could have thought
62. "It seems that she was there at the conference." The sentence means that
A. she seems to be there at the conference.